TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I hate to say this but you're probably going to have to go
People Seeking Info

Subject I hate to say this but you're probably going to have to go

Posted by Zuberman on March 07, 2015 at 1:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 143 times.

In Reply To Re: It looks like you have a solid green wire and a solid white posted by Coolspot on March 06, 2015 at 06:58 PM

Message look at another car that has the connector intact to be one-million percent sure.
I have looked and looked and looked over my factory-manual circuit-diagrams but there is no reference to the Speedometer Pinion and even if they are calling it a Vehicle Speed Sensor in the circuit-diagram there is no color-coding on the sensor's wires. I guess they didn't think anyone would cut out the connector.

What the guy should have done, which is what I would have done if I could not replace the connector, is have a male-spade on one wire with a female-spade along side it on the other wire for the harness-side, and then be forced to have an opposing male- and female-spade along side each other on the transmission-side. Then there would be no way to mis-match the connection. Like this:

harness-side wire A-MALE SPADE-> >FEMALE SPADE-transmission-side wire A
harness-side wire B-FEMALE SPADE< <-MALE SPADE-transmission-side wire B

My best deductive guess from going blind studying these circuit-diagrams is that the BLUE wire on the harness-side is positive and the YELLOW/BLACK wire on the harness-side is negative. The WHITE wire on the transmission-side is positive and the BLACK wire on the transmission-side is negative.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to come up with an absolute answer, and I'm kinda disappointed in my manual for not color-coding on the sensor's wires, but I guess they could not foretell if a different manufacturer might use different wire colors on the sensor and so therefore it would not be helpful.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.